Sleep under the stars with a chorus of lions, leopards, wolves and more while you camp just outside of the Animal Park.
This experience is highly customizable, but all programs will include:
- A private 1 hour tour at twilight, when the animals are often at their most vocal and active
- Creating enrichment (treats & toys) for the critters under our picnic shelter
- S’mores by the campfire
- An evening filled with our residents’ howls, oofs, chuffles, and more
- A morning private tour to wrap up the previous evening’s activities and say farewell to the animals
- Continental breakfast
- Keeper talk
- Wolf Pack Experience
- Lion Pride Experience
Guests on Wild Overnight Experiences are required to set up tents, beds, and other camping supplies prior to the start of the program and pack up all camping supplies prior to your tour in the morning. Please factor that into your timeline when you are considering the schedule for your Wild Overnight.
Cost and Requirements
Campers set up tents in a large field near our Visitors’ Center. You must bring all of your own camping supplies.
- Picnic shelter and outdoor tables, where you and your group may eat dinner (guests bring their own dinner) prior to the start of your experience.
- Bathroom facilities (excluding showers) in our Visitors’ Center that are available to your group all night
- Evening snack (s’mores!)
- Breakfast (add on item- not included unless specifically requested and prepaid)
- Campfire: Staff will light, maintain (checking fire every 30 min as needed), and extinguish the fire in the fire pit. Staff is not required to stay with the group but is available if needed in the building.
- Please note: we cannot accommodate special dietary needs. You must provide your own alternative offerings.
Cost: $900 for up to 15 participants* (the cost for each additional participant is $60)
Deposit: $200** If breakfast is added on the deposit is $250
Supervision: at least 2 adults for every 15 children
* Includes adults and children
**Your deposit is refundable for up to 2 weeks prior to the day of your scheduled Wild Overnight. If you cancel your reservation with less than 2 weeks’ notice, your deposit will be considered the initial, non-refundable payment towards the total fee for your overnight experience. We understand that emergencies may arise, but preparing for an overnight involves financial and scheduling concerns that block off valuable time for our experienced staff members that could be devoted to other programs or tours. If we must cancel your program due to inclement weather, we can either refund your deposit or move your reservation and deposit to a new date.
We have strict safety criteria for cancellation due to weather conditions; however, please remember that this is overnight camping, complete with the full outdoor camping experience. We will absolutely cancel the overnight if the forecast predicts unsafe conditions; however, we will NOT cancel the overnight if the forecast only predicts unpleasant conditions. We will make every effort to contact you at least 24 hours prior to your overnight program to alert you to any necessary cancellations.
Please Note: A signed waiver is required for all participants. The minor/child waiver must be completely filled out by that minor’s parent or legal guardian. All adults will need to fill out an adult waiver. Adult waivers may be filled out onsite prior to the start of the program.
We cannot legally accept any child on our Wild Overnight Experience who does not have a fully completed waiver from his or her guardian. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but any children who arrive on site without either a fully completed waiver or a legal guardian who can complete that waiver will NOT be permitted to participate in the program. There will be no exceptions.
Make Your Reservation Today
Need to Know Before You Go
Accessibility, Safety, and Pets
The Animal Park is not wheelchair accessible; however, accessibility accommodations are available for visitors with mobility issues. Please note that we do not allow unauthorized vehicles, including scooters or motorized wheelchairs, in the park. You can find more information about disability accommodations and handicapped access in the Tour FAQ on our Plan Your Visit page. Please note that strollers are also not permitted in the park.
If you are planning to visit the Animal Park, please take a moment to review and complete our online tour waiver. If you would like, you can also download and print the waiver and photography release forms to fill out and complete prior to your arrival. Waivers will also be available in the gift shop for visitors to complete during the check-in process.
For safety reasons, the Animal Park does not allow visitors to bring pets on site. Any visitor who brings an animal to the Park will be asked to leave immediately. We do not allow visitors to leave animals unattended in a vehicle at any time of year.