Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Full-time salaried position.
The Marketing & Communications Manager acts as the voice and brand steward of the organization, sharing the mission and vision of the Animal Park at the Conservators Center with the community. The person in this role successfully manages marketing and external communications to increase brand recognition by developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan for the organization. The selected candidate will be expected to: Work with design staff to create and distribute effective promotional material to increase visitation and donations. Develop and maintain positive relations while responding to queries and engagement on social media. Collaborate with other staff members in promotional support of events, special programs, and other organizational activities. Establish and maintain effective communications with multiple stakeholders, including the general public, media, and potential donors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement long-term and project-based communications strategies, including a content calendar, to increase attendance and donations
- Develop, produce, and distribute content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, website, and social media
- Develop and execute email and print fundraising programs in conjunction with internal teams, including calls for donations and other relevant actions
- Help manage and drive cost-effective campaign rollouts for on- and off-site events, including updating local and regional event calendars, developing email invitations, managing invitation lists, and creating promotional materials
- Maintain flexibility to rotate weekdays and weekends in accordance with scheduled events
- Proofread and coordinate production of communications materials with external providers
- Monitor corporate email inboxes, website, and social media to address queries and manage our online presence
- Gather customer feedback and track ROI for marketing campaigns
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive organization awareness
- Pitch television, radio, print, and online media and secure coverage, while promoting a positive public image as the liaison for media outlets
- Perform editing and proofreading tasks as requested
- Participate in continuing education
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by management
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proofreading skills, an eye for detail, strong knowledge of correct grammar, usage, and spelling
- Excellent customer service, networking, and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and the ability to work cooperatively under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams concurrently
- Ability to work independently, with solid critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong organization and time management
- Ability to measure ROI and other metrics for campaigns and strategies in conjunction with support team and adjust approaches accordingly
- Ability to receive constructive criticism or guidance and take corrective action
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or documented coursework in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field is required; comparable employment experience considered
- One year of experience working in marketing, communications, or other similar role strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides), and other similarly adaptable software platforms
- Experience with content design software, e.g., Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience with web content management tools like WordPress
- Experience with creating marketing campaigns for social media and other channels
- Photography and video skills (high-quality cell footage is acceptable) appropriate for social media posts; editing and design experience a plus
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION & REGISTRATION:
- First Aid/CPR, or completed within 6 months of hire; offered on site
- Valid driver’s license
- Requires prolonged standing or sitting, significant walking, and some bending, stooping, and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment, and drive a golf cart
- Requires use of computers, related equipment, and a variety of applications (including hardware and software)
- Requires occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Requires working outdoors as needed, including in temperatures from 0-105℉
- Requires occasional walking over uneven or muddy ground
- Requires scheduling flexibility in order to effectively and efficiently respond to social media engagement, deal with emergency situations, provide staffing assistance, etc.
- Rural location requires reliable transportation and the ability to drive after dark
- Opportunity for hybrid remote work after training and probationary period
- Any remote work requires access to a computer, secure high-speed Internet connection, and phone
- The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. Pay for fully qualified individuals is salaried at $35,568.
- Subsidized shared housing opportunities may be available during relocation.
We are currently accepting full-time employment applications. Please include your resume/CV, at least two relevant references, plus a writing sample from a published article or campaign. The selection process will include traditional interviews that may take place over the phone for individuals who are not local.
All resumes, references and questions can be emailed to: email@example.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues with the application process or have further questions regarding the position.