Our Response to COVID-19
*Updated as of SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 at 2:00PM*
In recent days we’ve had many people reach out and ask, “How can I help?”
We have a variety of options that not only benefit the Animal Park, but also you, our supporter.
- Food Donations: With the current high demand of certain food products, we have reached out to our adopters, donors, and larger community to assist us with obtaining food for animal diets. We are currently in need of unseasoned and raw meats, (fresh or frozen), such as: seafood (shrimp, salmon, and other cuts of fish); chicken (whole, legs, breasts, boneless or bone-in); beef (all cuts, boneless or bone-in); pork (all cuts, boneless or bone-in), as well as deer and other local fowl. We are also accepting donations of fresh fruits and vegetables, such as: dark leafy greens (kale, spinach); romaine lettuce; cucumbers; zucchini; carrots; tomatoes; squash; radishes; beets; string beans; celery; and sweet potatoes. Fruits: blackberries; strawberries; bananas; pears; apples; oranges; melons (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon); and kiwi.
- A general monetary donation: We are always grateful for donations to our Animal Park! Donations help us sustain our organization and maintain the highest animal welfare standards.
- Private Tours: While we always offer private tours, we’ve decided to offer a great discount! From now until April 1st, we’ve dropped our private tour price from $275 to $150! This is the perfect opportunity for families and friends in groups of up to 15 people looking to venture out thoughtfully while some schools and businesses are closed. By booking a private tour, you have the ability to ensure who is in your tour group, as well as decide the path and route of your tour. You can book now at the discounted rate and plan your tour tentatively for the warmer months of May, June, or July..or move it up if the Park gains the clearance to reopen by middle of April
- Gift Certificates: Gift Certificates are a great way to ensure that your support is felt immediately here at the Animal Park while also guaranteeing your ability to experience our tours or events for yourself at your leisure.
- Animal Sponsorships: Sponsor an animal, for either $50-$250 dollars, which helps offset the cost of their care. You also get the benefit of receiving a picture of the animal that you sponsor, as well as other perks depending on the sponsorship tier that you pick!
Please be sure to share with your friends, families, and your community about ways to help us!!
In this time of uncertainty, the Animal Park strives to continue to properly educate our community with our mission of educating people about our animal population, caring for our animals, and of course, advocating for these wild species.
As an organization based in science and education, we encourage our community to visit the CDC & WHO websites to read factual, data-supported updates about COVID-19.